Terms and Conditions
Wellington Saints, Saints Limited is a NZ Incorporated Society. For the purposes of sales the currency is shown in New Zealand dollars and is shown including GST of 15% (other fees and charges may be applied by your bank, card issuer or other party).
2020 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Wellington Saints, Saints Limited is a NZ Incorporated Society. For the purposes of sales the currency is shown in New Zealand dollars and is shown including GST of 15% (other fees and charges may be applied by your bank, card issuer or other party)
1. Meaning of Terms
1.1.1 'Member' means the person who holds a Wellington Saints Membership and whose name needs not be recorded on the Membership Card and for the purpose of any entitlements is limited to one person per Membership.
1.1.2 'Membership' means one of the categories referred to in paragraph 1.2.
1.1.3 'Membership Card' means a Ticket that is issued by Wellington Saints in respect of normally 9 home matches at TSB Arena and typically is issued in respect of a series of matches at TSB Arena.
1.1.4 'Membership Card Holder' means a person who uses a Membership Card for entry to TSB Arena on the relevant day.
1.1.5 'Person' means and includes an individual and an incorporated body such as by way of example, but not limited to, a company and a society.
1.1.6 'Primary Account Holder' means a person:
- who purchases a Membership from Wellington Saints; and
- to whom correspondence about the Membership will be addressed; and
- who is recorded by Wellington Saints as having the right to exercise specific rights attaching to the Membership (e.g. any right of renewal or priority (if any) granted in respect of that Membership); and who is entitled to entry to TSB Arena if the person is the bearer of the Membership Card.
1.1.7 'Secondary Account Holder' means a person who is a Membership Card Holder but who is not a Primary Account Holder in respect of that Membership.
1.1.8 'Stadium' means TSB Arena in Wellington.
1.1.9 'Ticket' means the item of proof of payment issued by the Wellington Saints to a person on conditions to allow a person entry to TSB Arena to attend a match hosted, organised or managed by the Wellington Saints.
1.1.10 'Ticket Holder' means a person who uses a Ticket for entry to TSB Arena on the relevant day.
1.1.11 'Wellington Saints' means Saints Inc - in respect of amateur basketball including club basketball;
1.2 Categories of Membership
1.2.1 A Wellington Saints 'Season Membership' means a Membership that admits to TSB Arena for:
- 9 Wellington Saints round robin games in 2020; Which is classified into Adult, Child, Student, Senior
1.2.2 ‘Wellington Saints Child Membership means a Membership that admits children 16 years and under.
1.2.3 ‘Wellington Saints Senior Membership means a Membership that admits adults 65 years and over.
1.2.4 ‘Wellington Saints Student Membership means a Membership that admits a student with Secondary Student ID – current to that year of membership purchase.
2. Key Terms and Conditions
2.1 Wellington Saints shall determine in its discretion the closing dates for orders and whether Membership Cards become available.
2.2 Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 Subject to compliance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Membership Cards and Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in the discretion of Wellington Saints.
2.3 Rights of Primary Account Holder, Membership Card Holder and Ticket Holder All Membership Cards and Tickets are issued by Wellington Saints on the strict condition that all Primary Account Holders, Membership Card Holders and Ticket Holders must comply at all times with all of these Terms and Conditions. Subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the Primary Account Holder or Membership Card Holder or Ticket Holder is entitled to entry to TSB Arena for the match or matches for which the Membership Card or Ticket relates.
2.5 Limited Exception to Prohibition on Transfer of Memberships Wellington Rugby will allow Primary Account Holders to authorise Wellington Rugby to issue some or all of their Memberships to new Primary Account Holders nominated by them. This is specifically to allow those Primary Account Holders, who have historically purchased several Memberships, to transfer the responsibility and rights in those Memberships to persons who use those Memberships who will then themselves become the Primary Account Holders.
2.6 Limitation of Member Benefits Wellington reserves the right to specify where Member benefits are subject to limited capacity. No liability will rest with Wellington Saints where a Member benefit is unable to be provided due to capacity being exceeded or lounge being unavailable for any reason. The provision of some Member benefits will be reliant on mutual agreement between Wellington Saints and the Primary Account Holder. Both parties must communicate in good faith to establish a suitable time for the provision of such Member benefits.
2.7 Maximum Number of Tickets or Memberships Wellington Saints reserves the right to specify a maximum number of Memberships or Tickets that any person may purchase.
2.8 Scalping of Membership Card or Ticket not permitted Membership Cards and Tickets cannot be resold at a premium (scalped) nor used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services without prior written consent of Wellington Saints. Subject to the above restrictions, you can sell your Membership Cards or Tickets to another person for its face value (or less) but any purchaser is also bound by these Terms and Conditions. This is not scalping.
2.9 Missing or Damaged Membership Cards and Tickets When advised that the Membership Cards have been damaged, lost or stolen, Wellington Saints will cancel those cards. Use of Membership Cards that have been reported as damaged, lost or stolen may result in prosecution. There is a $25 fee for the replacement of each damaged, lost or stolen Membership Card. If a paper ticket for any event has been damaged, lost or stolen, the Ticket Holder may request cancellation of the ticket and issue of a replacement ticket. A fee of $10 will apply for each booking. Tickets may be void and entry refused if the ticket is damaged or defaced in any way or if Wellington Saints reasonably believes that the ticket has been acquired in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
2.10 Privacy Act statement Information about the Primary and Secondary Account Holders of the Membership is gathered and stored by Wellington Saints in accordance with the Privacy Act for the administration of the Membership which includes sending electronic messages specific to Membership benefits, offers, promotions or marketing. In addition, purchase of the Membership constitutes authorisation to Wellington Saints to send electronic messages based upon your profile and interests. By providing your email and details you are expressly consenting to receiving recurring news, promotions, marketing, e-newsletters and electronic messages from Wellington Saints (as the authorising person) about Wellington Saints, National Basketball League, Basketball New Zealand include Tall Blacks and Tall Ferns and Wellington Saints, National Basketball League and Basketball New Zealand Sponsors. You have the right of access to, and right of correction of your personal information by contacting Wellington Saints. Provision of this information is a condition of purchasing a Membership with Wellington Saints.
2.11 Changes to Matches Wellington Saints reserves the right to vary, substitute, reschedule, or withdraw advertised matches and events and may cancel, interrupt, or stop any match or the event due to safety considerations or circumstances beyond its control.
3. Behaviour and Entry to and Right to Remain in TSB Arena
You must comply with the Conditions of both Wellington Saints and TSB Arena. These include:
3.1 Patron and Bag Searches It is a condition of the sale of every Membership and ticket and of entry to and presence in TSA Arena that each Member and Ticket Holder agrees to and permits the search and inspection of any parcel, bag, garment or other item in their possession or worn by them. The purpose of a search is to locate prohibited items, which may be confiscated or may result in refusal of entry or removal from TSB Arena until such items are removed. If a person refuses to be searched or refuses to remove prohibited items from Wellington Saints, such person will not be permitted to enter or remain in TSB Arena. Such searches as outlined below may be undertaken by any gatekeeper, ticket seller, usher or other staff member or official of Wellington Saints or TSB Arena.
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering TSB Arena.
- Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving TSB Arena.
- Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to TSB Arena or may be asked to leave the venue.
- All vehicles entering and leaving TSB Arena carpark may be searched.
- Prohibited items will be confiscated.
3.2 Playing Surface
- Patrons are not allowed on TSB Arena playing area before or during the sports event. However you are allowed after sports events once security has advised it is safe to do so. Breach of this rule will result in eviction, and issue of trespass notice.
3.3 Patrons may be refused entry to TSB Arena if they:
- Appear intoxicated/under the influence of drugs or exhibit disorderly behavior
- Fail to comply with security or gate staff requests
- Attempt to bring in prohibited items
- Have been previously issued with a trespass notice that still applies
- Are not authorised to be in TSB Arena, for example have no valid ticket, Membership Card or accreditation pass
3.4 Patrons will be asked to leave TSB Arena if they:
- Use obscene language
- Are verbally or physically abusive, or behave in a disorderly or offensive manner
- Are intoxicated
- Are carrying out unauthorised activities within TSB Arena
- Throw items in the air or onto the court (including during Mexican waves)
- Fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions
3.5 Restrictions on Patrons bringing food and drink items:
- Plastic water bottles up to 1 litre in size and small amounts of food for personal consumption, such as sandwiches, fruit, chippies, cakes, etc. are permitted.
- The items must be contained in one small bag per Ticket Holder or Member (bag must be soft-sided and fit under your seat)
- Empty plastic water bottles may be filled in TSB Arena from the water outlet located at the bottom of the stairs in the foyer. The one litre size restriction applies.
3.6 Patrons may not bring into TSB Arena:
- Alcohol or any beverages other than water
- Thermos flasks
- Glass bottles or cans
- Hot food
- Commercially produced takeaway foods such as McDonalds, KFC, Subway, pizza etc.
- Chilly bins, picnic baskets or large bags
- Illicit drugs
- Sound amplifiers including loud hailers
- Musical instruments
- Recording devices for commercial purposes
- Dogs or other pets (guide dogs are permitted)
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers
- Knives or other dangerous weapons
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles
- Chairs of any kind
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length
- Signs or banners that are obscene, offensive or abusive
- Any other item that TSB Arena management determines may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person
- There is no smoking in TSB Arena
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas which is outside
- For the safety and security of patrons, surveillance cameras are in use throughout TSB Arena
- Patrons must not sit or stand in aisles, or block entry doors or emergency exits.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- There are no pass outs. At some events, exit turnstiles may operate allowing re-entry with a valid ticket.
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency
- Radios, CDs, may be used only with earphones
- Cameras, videos, tape recorders and other recording devices may be prohibited for certain events
- Patrons bring personal items into TSB Arena at their own risk. The venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Advertising promotions and product giveaways etc are not permitted on TSB Arena property, unless expressly authorised by TSB Arena in writing. Any unauthorised product giveaways may be confiscated.
- No alcohol is to be removed from TSB Arena.
- You may be photographed or video tapped in the stadium. Wellington Saints reserves the right to use these photos or video for marketing purposes without your consent.
3.9 Courtesy to Other Persons
Your Membership or ticket can be revoked by Wellington Saints for what it considers to be abusive, dangerous, intoxicated or inappropriate behaviour by the Member, Ticket Holder or seat occupant. All Members and Ticket Holders are required to act in a manner, which is not discourteous to other persons in TSB Arena. Persons expect to attend the relevant match without undue interruption or interference such as from abuse or harassment from others, unreasonable impairment of their sight lines or being subjected to thrown objects, liquids or substances.
3.10 Process to Address Discourteous Behaviour
If you are the subject of discourteous behaviour at TSB Arena, you can address the matter. Therefore, you should record the seat number of the person who in your opinion is responsible for the discourteous behaviour and then record the details and then notify Wellington Saints at the address set out in the contact section of these Terms and Conditions.
On the match day you can refer the issue to the information/security personnel located at front desk who can talk to the person concerned or involve TSB Arena Management or the Police as appropriate.
Remember we cannot stamp out discourteous behaviour unless you bring the matter to our attention.
3.11 Direction to Leave TSB Arena
Failure to comply with a direction to leave TSB Arena may render the Ticket Holder or Member liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of Trespass under S. 3 of the Trespass Act 1980. Such offence is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months.
3.12 Recording Equipment and Cameras
Unless otherwise advised by Wellington Saints you may take a still photography camera into TSB Arena and take photographs with it.
You cannot take a video or movie camera and other visual or sound recording devices into TSB Arena. All photographs taken within TSB Arena before, during or after the event may not be used or reproduced for commercial or financial gain by the Ticket Holder, Member or any other person without written consent of Wellington Saints, which may be withheld for any reason whatsoever.
3.13 Withdrawal of Admission
Wellington Saints reserves the right to refuse admission to, or withdraw admission in respect of any Member or Ticket Holder for any reason deemed appropriate by Wellington Saints.
3.14 Family and Child Access
Wellington Saints reserves the right to designate parts of TSB Arena as a Family Area or other designation. Children aged 4 and under are admitted free if they sit on the parent's lap. Children aged 5 to 16 must have a Child Membership Card or ticket to enter TSB Arena.
4. Contact Details and Update of Terms
4.1 Contact Addresses and Phone Numbers
If you have a problem concerning a ticket or a Membership Card, please contact Wellington Saints on 04 801 2833.
If you have a problem about someone's behaviour at TSB Arena, please contact TSB Arena.
4.2 Amendment of these Terms and Conditions
Wellington Saints may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by recording changes on its website and such changes then take effect immediately.
5.1 Your membership cards, will be processed and sent to your nominated delivery address at time of purchase in the last week of February 2019.
5.2 Your members gift will be available for collection from the members pick-up point at TSB Arena for the first 3 home games. You will require your ID for collection.
6.1 Your merchandise will be processed and sent to your nominated delivery address at the time of purchase.
6.2 Wellington Saints shall determine in its discretion the closing dates for orders and whether Membership Cards become available.
6.3 Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 Subject to compliance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, Membership Cards, Tickets and Merchandise cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase except in the discretion of Wellington Saints.